Thursday, 1 October 2015

Cottage Garden Journal Jar



I thought I might share my Journal Jar with you. This one was made to journal about your garden, but jars can be made for lots of  different subjects. If given as a gift to a non-scrap-booker it is easy for them to just drop items in it so they have the joy of the memories without being crafty.

For this jar I used some papers from the Cottage Garden Scrapbook Set by Kraftyhands at £4.99. I only used a tiny part of the collection, so you should have lots left for cards, scrapbook pages or more jars.

You Will Need
  • Garden Cottage Scrapbook Set
  • Large glass jar I used a coffee jar (Douwe and Edberts)
  • Garden string
  • Hessian or Jute
  • Distress ink
  • Seeds for jar lid
I choose the jar because you are able to put things inside the lid. On this occasion I put in dried seeds, but you could add any small items, buttons, dried flowers etc.


To help the recipient of the jar I printed some ideas on the tag to get them started with their journalling. 
Probably too late to use now Autumn is here, but I think it would make a super and thoughtful Christmas gift for a keen gardener with maybe a packet of seeds inside.

Crafty Wishes
Laura XXX
  


5 comments:

  1. What a fantastic idea Laura. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome gift idea , Laura and well presented
    hugs Shirley-Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Laura what a wonderful idea I love it.
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree what a great idea. Hugs Jeanette xx

    ReplyDelete