I was never a big fan of steampunk until Kraftyhands brought out the Steampunk Emporium CD and I was making samples......then I got it.
Tags have also always been a bit of a challenge, not quite sure where to start with them.
- I chose the image I wanted and gathered together green and brown distress inks, wooden key, piece of an old book and some cogs cut out of craft card. The tag is a bought one made of card measuring about 20 cm by 11 cm.
- The background is made with torn pieces of background paper that looks like wood and glued flat.
- The edge of the tag was inked and then edged with copper embossing powder.
- A torn piece of the book was inked, had some texture paint added and then edged in gold embossing. It was glued onto the tag with pads and curved to give a ripple effect.
- I tore the image of the girl into a rough rounded shape and the edge of that was also embossed in gold.
- The wooden key and the cogs were inked in green distressing ink and also embossed in gold which gave them a rusty appearance.
- I wanted to add some text, so this was printed on the computer and then inked curved into shape and added.